CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Grid Operations in PHP

Print topic Send  topic

Ashiff
Posted: 09/07/2003, 4:52 PM

Hi,

I have a set of queries. My Grid must return atleast 10000 records in a single page which I propose to write as excel sheet. It takes a awful lots of time. My php setting is 80 MB Ram and 3000 secs to timeout. Can I tweak it further to increase the speed and if possible the grid length. If possible how lenghty my grid can be?

I have a search page with two button and based on button press I want it to point to two separate pages containg two different grid. Page open but the grid action is incomplete. Any help possible.

RonB
Posted: 09/08/2003, 5:52 AM

I dont think anything could make writing 10000 rows to a html page fast. Besides, how do you plan to keep a page holding 10000 rows from a scrolling hell. Will be a major RSI source. Appart from the scrolling...what is the use of pumping that many rows to a page. I mean it isn't exactly friendly on the eyes. And finding the info you want on such a page must be a nightmare.

Ron
Ashiff
Posted: 09/09/2003, 3:57 AM

Boss,

I have already written the output to excel where 10000 lines is not so big. No HTML will be generated whereas the output is excel.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login