CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Different PHP login problem: NOT Globals issue?!?

Print topic Send  topic

VBAjedi
Posted: 09/08/2003, 1:55 PM

I have a variation of the "endless login" issue.

After reading all the threads about login problems in CCS when using PHP, I set my register_globals = on. I also verified that I had set my PHP tmp folder to an existing folder, and that things are indeed being written to that folder (they are).

I set the login pages "Return page" attribute to the page I want to redirect to ("spacetypes_list.php"). However, after entering a valid login/password, I am returned to the login screen. The address bar reads:

http://192.168.1.105/ObieTools2/Login.php?ret_link=%2FO...pe=illegalGroup

It's obviously trying to redirect to the correct page. The "illegalGroup" message led me to double-check that the page I am redirecting to can be viewed by that logins group (it can). I double-checked the groupname spellings in my DB and in my app. I tried changing that pages Restricted attribute to "No". The login still won't take me there, but a header link to that page now will.

After every change I republish/refresh the site, but I have yet to establish a successful login page in CCS. Any ideas what I can try next?

Thanks!

VBAjedi

Karen
Posted: 09/08/2003, 9:40 PM

Hi VBAjedi,

You can try this. In your project properties, Data tab, select 'SuperGlobal Arrays' as 'Yes'. This worked for me so I hope it will work for you too. Good luck!
VBAjedi
Posted: 09/09/2003, 10:22 AM

Karen,

Your suggestion gave me hope, but it was not to be. . . I turned on superglobals and regenerated all the code/refreshed the site, but the login still loops endlessly, generating the same address bar message I showed in my initial post (containing "type = illegalGroup"). I was able to verify that common.php is the only file containing old-style variables (like $HTTP_SESSION_VARS) and that those are now changed (ex $_SESSION['variable']). And I double-checked that globals were on in my php.ini file.

Can someone tell me what to try next?

Thanks,

VBAjedi
VBAjedi
Posted: 09/09/2003, 2:14 PM

Where's the nearest rock to hide under? After two days of troubleshooting, it finally occurred to me to double-check my mapping to my Users table. Sure enough, I had mapped the Security Level/Group field to the Group DESCRIPTION field in my Users table instead of to the Group ID# field. Of COURSE my group didn't have access priviledges. Problem solved!

Lesson learned: be SURE you check the simple things before you assume it's something more complicated!

Thanks for everyone's input,

VBAjedi
DaveRexel
Posted: 09/09/2003, 2:32 PM

::
VBAjedi

Thanks for having the courage & honesty to admit the mistake, I find this admirable - Good Luck and Happy CCSing

Dave

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login