CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Login data retained

Print topic Send  topic

Kam
Posted: 09/09/2003, 6:21 PM

Hi,

I have been using CCS 1.0 and now started converting old projects to CCS 2.0. I notices that the values entered in login userID and password are retained for successive sessions. Even if I close browser and start a new browser, the login values appear. Is it something to do with CCS or my browser settings.

I appreciate any help.

Kam
RonB
Posted: 09/10/2003, 7:57 AM

what language are you using. In php closing the browser will end the session and thus destroy any session variables.

Ron
Rene7
Posted: 09/11/2003, 12:53 AM

Hi, same problem for me. Using WinXp prof. CCS 2...(newest) en IIS 5.1

Also appreciate help.

Rene
RonB
Posted: 09/11/2003, 4:09 AM

Isn't what you are talking about just the feature in windows that allows you to store login and password for later visits to a login page. You can turn this on and off. I dont think this has anything to do with CCS.

Ron
Rene7
Posted: 09/12/2003, 1:45 AM

Hi RonB,

I never use that windows autologin feature. Once I login, close i-explorer and do something else (a game or something), open i-explorer and goto the restricted page i get immediate access without having to login. Also tried refreshing the restricted page, still no need to login. (XP-pro IIS 5.1 CCS 2.1). What am I missing? This occurs at my ISP and locally.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Rene7
RonB
Posted: 09/12/2003, 9:29 AM

What scripting language are you using? In php this is simply not possible. Closing IE would end the session and therefore destroy the session variables. Are you using the standard login or did you modify something?

If you are using asp can it be some setting in your setup of the webserver?

Ron
DaveRexel
Posted: 09/12/2003, 11:20 AM

::
I've encountered this while converting old projects and fixed it as follows :

open the converted *.ccs file in a text editor and very carefully remove this attribute & it's value: userPasswordField="your_password_field"

Save this file - now CCS does not make a Session value of the password. Look at common.php for example and you will see that the CCLoginUser($login, $password) function creates a session variable for the password. (why??)

This is a hack & has not yet been fixed/released by YS, please file a support request so it gets fixed before final release of CCS 2.2

Dave
DaveRexel
Posted: 09/12/2003, 3:01 PM

::

Please Note :
Above solution is ERROR
it was an old non-working snippet

Sorry 'bout that
Dave
Si Cranmer
Posted: 09/14/2003, 11:42 PM

Dave,

Bugger... Im not getting this. Im using CC2+apache+PHP and this is a feature I am after (remembering old login only) but looks like you have to do loads of common editing to stop it auto deleting session and "expiring" via timeouts.

Anyway you said "I have been using CCS 1.0 and now started converting old projects to CCS 2.0..." are there any notes/documentation on this or how are you going about it.

cheers

Simon.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login