CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Recordset property for an editable grid...

Print topic Send  topic

che
Posted: 09/10/2003, 4:50 PM

From CCS Help...

...After the database operation has been performed (for example in the After Execute Select event), the property's value can be modified to limit the number of records displayed on the page....

My code which does nothing but should in theory limit the editable grid data_received to just displaying empty 'insert' rows.

Function data_received_DataSource_AfterExecuteSelect() 'data_received_DataSource_AfterExecuteSelect @18-B3053649

'Custom Code @48-73254650
' -------------------------
print data_received.datasource.recordset.recordcount '<<<<This works
data_received.datasource.recordset.recordcount = 0 '<<<<This don't
' -------------------------
'End Custom Code

End Function 'Close data_received_DataSource_AfterExecuteSelect @18-54C34B28

Any help as to why this doesn't work or how I can make and editable grid only display empty rows for inserting would greatly be appreciated.

thanks, che
RonB
Posted: 09/11/2003, 12:36 AM

If you just want empty rows set a parameter in the query using the query builder and give it a default value that will never exist in the table. -1 for example for an int field that auto increments. This value will never be present in the table so it will always come up with just the amount of empty rows you desire. No need for complicated programming.

Ron
che
Posted: 09/11/2003, 8:59 AM

Thanks, that makes sense. I love simple solutions. Sometimes they are the hardest to see unless you stumble upon them. Will give it a try.

che

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login