CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Broke in a BIG way

Print topic Send  topic

Nearly Normal Warren
Posted: 09/16/2003, 1:54 PM

Suddenly all of my CodeCharge generated .PHP files are generating something that looks like code back to the screen. See example below.

I have a few simple .PHP pages that I created in Notepad and they work fine.

Here's an example of what I'm getting:

//Include Files @0-6CA7C540 include(RelativePath . "/Classes.php"); include(RelativePath . "/db_mysql.php"); //End Include Files //Initialize Common Variables @0-EED96668 session_start(); define("TemplatePath", "./"); define("ServerURL", "http://192.41.71.68/"); define("SecureURL", ""); $ShortWeekdays = array("Sun", "Mon", "Tue", "Wed", "Thu", "Fri", "Sat"); $Weekdays = array("Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday"); $ShortMonths = array("Jan", "Feb", "Mar", "Apr", "May", "Jun", "Jul", "Aug", "Sep", "Oct", "Nov", "Dec"); $Months = array("January", "February", "March", "April", "May", "June", "July", "August", "September", "October", "November", "December"); define("ccsInteger", 1); define("ccsFloat", 2); define("ccsText", 3); define("ccsDate", 4); define("ccsBoolean", 5); define("ccsMemo", 6); define("ccsGet", 1); define("ccsPost", 2); define("ccsTimestamp", 0); define("ccsYear", 1); define("ccsMonth", 2); define("ccsDay", 3); define("ccsHour", 4); define("ccsMinute", 5); define("ccsSecond", 6); define("ccsMilliSecond", 7); define("ccsAmPm", 8); define("ccsShortMonth", 9); define("ccsFullMonth", 10); define("ccsWeek", 11); define("ccsGMT", 12); define("ccsAppropriateYear
Admin - CodeChargers
Posted: 09/16/2003, 2:02 PM

Difference between using notepad and CCS is that notepad doesn't generate html templates.

Are you copying and pasting code in leaving out the tags? or is it doing this 'all' on its own (so to speak)?

What does it look like in design view (that'll give you a clue)

Regards
Admin - CodeChargers
http://www.CodeChargers.com
Nearly Normal Warren
Posted: 09/16/2003, 2:33 PM

It appears to be "doing this on it's own".

Pages that used to work, don't work now.

"Design" and "Preview" views look fine.

I went through generating default pages (list and maint) via "Application Builder" to see if that would work and they also show the "code" back to the screen.
Nearly Normal Warren
Posted: 09/16/2003, 3:21 PM

Looking closely at the "Code" that comes back to the screen, I notice that the same "code" appears for all pages. It always starts with "//Include Files $0-6CA7C540..."

That number doesn't match to the code for any pages I have.
Nearly Normal Warren
Posted: 09/16/2003, 4:16 PM

I just did a simple reinstall (replace previously installed objects) but there was no change.
Nearly Normal Warren
Posted: 09/17/2003, 6:42 AM

I created a new project and used "Application Builder" to create the sample pages. Those pages came up fine. Now I'm at a loss as to how to use this new project to fix what's broken in the original project. I tried copying over a page from the original project to the new project but all it produced was a blank screen. Should I try copying the basic include files (Classes.php, Common.php, Navigator.php, etc.) from the new working project back to the broken project?

Since all pages in the broken project display code starting with "Include Files @0-6CA7C540..." it seems that the corrupted file must contain Include File @0-6CA7C540. If I could locate that file and copy it from the working project, that might fix the broken project.

Still looking for clues.
Nearly Normal warren
Posted: 09/18/2003, 5:02 AM

OK, let's break this down to a simplier focus:

* Does anyone have generated code that has "Include Files @0-6CA7C540"?

* What is the best way to move a page from one project to another? I've used a right click on the .ccp file listed in the "Project Exployer" on the project file structure displayed on the left. I then select "copy to". Is there a better way?
Sixto
Posted: 09/18/2003, 8:06 PM

Don't mind the @0-6CA7C540. It's simply a section marker with a checksum so CCS can detect manual changes. Because almost every PHP file generated by CCS starts with the same include lines, the checksum is the same for all of them. In your case, the @0-6CA7C540 marks the beginning of Common.php.

Open Common.php (Double-click Common Files). Check if the very first line is <?PHP and the last line ?>. If not, then manually add'em. Or better yet, if you don't have any custom code, delete the entire file's content (select all text and hit the delete key), and regen by closing the Common Files set and reopening.

BTW, if your PHP files are already missing the start/end tags, CCS won't regenerate them no matter how many times your reinstall the software. CCS just regenerate the code between markers if the PHP file already exists. CCS won't regenerate anything with a white background.

Good luck,

Sixto
Nearly Normal Warren
Posted: 09/19/2003, 11:05 AM

ALL RIGHT!!!

F*I*X*E*D*!

Sixto worked the magic.

My Common.php file was corrupt. I deleted all of it's contents as Sixto described ... and that fixed it.

By the way, Common.php, for my release, does start with //Include Files @0-6CA7C540 so I was looking for the right thing but without that re-generating trick I was lost.

My sincere thanks to Sixto for ending days of frustration for me.

Warren Kress

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login