CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

GRID BEING INSERT ON CLICKING ALL TOOLBOX ICONS

Print topic Send  topic

NAVNEET
Posted: 09/21/2003, 5:17 AM

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH CODECHARGE STUDIO, WHEN I CLICK ANY ICON ON TOOLBOX, A GRID IS BEING INSERTED IN THE PAGE.

PLEASE ADVISE WHAT IS THE PROBLEM

ALSO CCS DOESN'T ASK TO SAVE ANY MODIFIED PAGE WHEN CLOSE IS CLICKED.
Dietrich
Posted: 10/03/2003, 4:36 AM

I have the same problem. In addition it is not possible to alter the Name of an object. I can enter the new name, but when pressing Enter, then the old Name reappears. Also Objects insertet in the design window do not appear in HTML-code.
Florin
Posted: 10/03/2003, 9:43 AM

Same problem here: GRID IS BEING INSERTED ON CLICKING ANY TOOLBOX BUTTON, instead of the respective control.
RonB
Posted: 10/04/2003, 2:17 AM

THEN FILL IN THE FOR ON SUPPORT.CODECHARGE.COM ANF I'M SURE YES WILL LOOK IN TO IT.

RON
Lucky
Posted: 10/05/2003, 4:32 AM

I think you applied a crack to evaluate the codecharge studio.
This was my problem until I've pied for it.
This program is worth of buying it so don’t hesitate.

Florin
Posted: 10/05/2003, 10:30 PM

No crack. Just the evaluation version. And I don't think that this version should behave like this.
I REinstalled the evaluation version many times on one computer and it still has this bug.
But it works fine on other computer.
LucaPe
Posted: 10/06/2003, 2:05 AM

Dear friends, i have the same problem. But i would like to say more....

I installed all trial version starting from 2.x on windows xp professional.

Every time the same error...."GRID BEING INSERT ON CLICKING ALL TOOLBOX ICONS"

After i used a new pc with just windows xp professional without any updates and all trial versions are working percfectly!!!!

So i think that there is some problem using windows xp professional with updates installed.

I hope to solve this problem....very soon

best wishes to all

LucaPe - Italy
Jakub
Posted: 10/06/2003, 8:33 AM

I have the same problem and i have evalutation version 2.2.2.40

RonB
Posted: 10/06/2003, 12:11 PM

This problem has been reported here many times. Even if it's the evaluation version contact Yes and ask them what the problem is. If this is indeed a widespread problem I'm sure they will be eager to fix it.

Ron
Florin
Posted: 10/10/2003, 1:36 PM

I also have XP Professional with all updates. I submitted the following at support.codecharge.com. I'm waiting for an answer now.

"On my main computer, when using buttons in any of the three toolboxes (Builders, Forms, HTML), only the first button function can be used. For example, when clicking on any button in the HTML toolbox, a label is inserted, regardless of the button i press. In the Forms toolbox, a grid is being inserted. In the Builders toolbox, the Grid Builder is called. I cannot use any other function besides "Grid Builder", "Add Grid Form" and "Add Label".
This problem was encountered only on this installation of Windows XP. I installed a separate OS on the same partition and everything works ok there.

Please see this problem described in this forum topic at gotocode:

http://www.gotocode.com/disc_viewt.asp?mid=23651&

(looks like some other people have the same problem)

Thank you,
Florin"
DaveRexel
Posted: 10/10/2003, 2:17 PM

::
Here's a similar thread with a lot of poor CCSers reporting problems with CCS/wXP

http://www.gotocode.com/disc_viewt.asp?mid=22555&

Please follow RonBs advice and submit detailed bug-reports to support so they can hopefully release a solution based on a wide sampling of error-reports.

Greetings
Dave
Florin
Posted: 10/10/2003, 2:35 PM

In my bug-submission at ccs support (see 2 messages above) I also attached a 85 seconds flash-demo of the bug. This screen capture video has 186 k and can be found at http://tif.ro.online.fr/CC_Bug1
Tom
Posted: 10/10/2003, 4:45 PM

Great idea with the screenflash demo! I'll have to use that also to report issues
RonB
Posted: 10/10/2003, 11:19 PM

I've heard that this problem is common with the cracked version of CCS. I therefor think it's realy important if anybody using the bought and paid for version and having this problem report it at yes. I have excelent experiences with the service Yes provides and I'm having some trouble believing they would not adress a problem as serious as this. If it's only the evaluation version I still think they have a serious problem since not many people are going to buy a piece of software that in trial has a bug this serious. This problem has been around for a while so I'm puzzled why this hasn't been fixed yet asuming it is a genuine problem and not a crack side effect.

Ron
BigBang
Posted: 10/11/2003, 8:55 PM

Win XP Pro (completely up-to-date), Studio 2.2.2.40 (Full Version) Apache 2, PHP and MySQL.
Just to say that I have no problems with my setup, my system is also running 2 websites in the background.

In the past I have had crashing and loss of project in CCS but whether this was due to earlier versions of CCS or Win XP is hard to say, I did also have all sorts of weird problems with other applications and they have cleared up without any updates to them so I think it is safe to assume, in their case at least, that earlier XP versions were the cause of the problems.

All this doesn't mean that there isn't a problem in the evaluation version, just to let you know that the registered version, which I would assume is the same version, is working 100% for me.

For What It's Worth, I think CCS is greatly understated, what you can do with it without resorting to manually scripting code is simply amazing, I have seen messages "how do I do so and so" getting replies even from YesSoftware which involved many lines of code, yet the same result could be had by dropping a spare component on the page and use the component to produce the code for you, you then simply hide the component and there you have an application which can be converted to another language without any, or only slight modification to the SQL syntax. This may be "cheating" but the chances of errors creeping in are greatly reduced, I also find it much quicker than writing all the code by hand, CCS produces better code than I can anyway :)

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login