CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Secure way to pass parms from grid to record page?

Print topic Send  topic

markr
Posted: 09/22/2003, 9:57 AM

I'm creating an Order Entry system using CCS 2.1.1.20, an SQL database,IIS and Win2000.

In several instances within the application the user selects a DB record to update by clicking a link on a grid. The DB fields that identify the selected database item are passed via URL from the grid to the record page where the user may make changes to the record.

I want to prevent the user from changing the parameters passed from the grid to the record page.

I would like to pass info from grid page to record page using cookies.

My question is this: How do I capture the information from the link the user has clicked in the grid and place it in a cookie? Typically the links display 'user friendly' text, but an internal database record identifier is passed to the record page instead of the text.

Example - Link text = "Main Street Warehouse", the internal DB record identifier is "1150041".

How do I capture "1150041" from link on the grid, and place it in a cookie for the record maintenance page to retrieve?

I know cookies aren't completely secure either. If there is better way than using cookies I'm open to that also. I just want info passed between pages to be reasonably secure.

TIA

Mark

arrowgance
Posted: 09/30/2003, 10:35 PM

Example - Link text = "Main Street Warehouse", the internal DB record identifier is "1150041".
------------------------------------------------------------------------

application("recordidentifier") = formname.theparametrizedid.Value

Then on your record form instead of a URL parameter choose application where the name is recordidentifier

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login