CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Project References

Print topic Send  topic

Chadly
Posted: 09/27/2003, 3:52 PM

Hello,
I have a number of references in my application. It works fine when I am using Visual Studio.net. I have finished debugging and building with VS now and I am trying to consolidate everything back to CodeCharge Studio 2.2.2.40.
I have added references as per your documentation in the project properties, but I cannot get them to connect.

I have references to the following files
C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\EDComponents.dll
C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\Interop.Microsoft.Office.Core.dll
C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\Interop.VBIDE.dll
C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\Interop.Word.dll
C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\Bidding.dll

In the beginning of this project I only had one reference to the EDComponents.dll. To start I referenced the file in the "Program Files" directory, which worked fine in VS.net, but CodeCharge would not correctly handle the spaces in the file path.
I made a local copy and put it in the root directory in a bin folder. This solved that problem.

But, I have now added more references(as shown above), and am having no luck in making things work. I have tried referencing the bin folder, seperating each file path with ";", and even a combination of both. I just can't get it to build in code charge.

Here is the error I get when I have more than one reference in CodeCharge Studio when I try to build the project.

Error:

C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin>REM _MakeAll @1-239B7225

C:\DOCUME~1\Chad\LOCALS~1\Temp\~Bidding>c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\vbc /rootnamespace:Bidding /t:library /out:bin\Bidding.dll /imports:Microsoft.VisualBasic,System,System.Web,System.Xml,System.Data,System.Drawing /r:Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll,System.dll,System.Web.dll,System.Xml.dll,System.Data.dll,System.Drawing.dll,C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\EDComponents.dll,C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\Interop.Microsoft.Office.Core.dll;C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\Interop.VBIDE.dll;C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\Interop.Word.dll;C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\Bidding.dll /recurse:*.vb

Microsoft (R) Visual Basic .NET Compiler version 7.00.9466

for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 1.00.3705

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1987-2001. All rights reserved.

vbc : Command line error BC2017 : could not find library 'C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\Interop.Microsoft.Office.Core.dll;C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\Interop.VBIDE.dll;C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\Interop.Word.dll;C:\Inetpub\Bidding\bin\Bidding.dll'

vbc : Fatal error BC2000 : compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

C:\DOCUME~1\Chad\LOCALS~1\Temp\~Bidding>REM _End MakeAll

Thank you for any of your help.
Chadly
Posted: 09/27/2003, 4:07 PM

OHHHHH, I think I found the problem.
CodeCharge seperates each dll with a ";"
If I replace every ";" with a "," it works fine.

Maybe it is a bug, Maybe I am doing something wrong.
But, Still doesn't handle spaces in the file path.

Thanks,
Chadly

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login