CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

User info Page

Print topic Send  topic

New User
Posted: 10/04/2003, 9:22 AM

Hi guys, I am having a hard time building a page that is a grid with the user info and from that a link to the update page. If use the the builders it tries to list all the record on the database, but what I want is just a single record of the user currently logged in, as they have in the booksore, the portal, ect...but how did they do that? Do I have to do that manually form builder?
Any ideas?
Thanks a lot,
Adam
Ashiff
Posted: 10/04/2003, 12:23 PM

from what I understand is that you want to basically allow the user to update his profile. SO for that only his record should be visible and editable.

In CCS, use the editable grid builder and make the grid, when you select the theme make it columnar instead of tabular.

Now the grid is made, select the grid and select datasource in properties window, now in parameters, click + sign, select the member id in the login table you have created and make it equal to CCGetUserID() and select type as expression.

This makes only the user's page visible,

Now for update, select the grid and in custom update type make it table and in custom update, make the where clause by pressing + button,

make the member_id = CCGetUserID(), now only his record is updated.

I hope your problem is solved.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login