CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Default CCS/PHP variable construction syntax?

Print topic Send  topic

VBAjedi
Posted: 10/09/2003, 11:11 AM

I am such a newb - but slowly coming up to speed here. I'm coming from an exclusively VB/VBA backgroung, and I'm attempting to learn CCS and PHP simultaneously (I know - not recommended!). I'm struggling to differentiate between CCS naming conventions and PHP syntax conventions. Regarding the following code generated by CCS:

$spacekeySearch->Label1->SetValue("My Test Value")

Is "$spacekeySearch->Label1->SetValue" a single variable name (the result of CCS using very descriptive variable naming conventions)? Or is the "->" portion of the string an object hierarchy delimiter (i.e. the spacekeySearch object is the parent of Label1 object, which is in turn the parent of the SetValue method). If the latter, is this a CCS specific approach or a PHP standard?

In general, is PHP an object-oriented programming language? Such a basic question, but my books haven't arrived from Amazon yet! LOL
Kitch
Posted: 10/09/2003, 11:34 AM

Your latter assumption is correct .... you might want to try www.php.net for some documentation until your books arrive ... ;-)
VBAjedi
Posted: 10/09/2003, 11:43 AM

Kitch,

Thanks. . . trust me, I have bookmarks all over php.net, and I've been reading the site like crazy. But their search functionality ain't so hot (you author one of the most-used web tools on the planet, and the search functionality of your support page uses GOOGLE???) and apparently doesn't consider "->" to be a valid search string. . .

I WILL learn this!

VBAjedi
Kitch
Posted: 10/09/2003, 12:26 PM

Stick with it - I went through the same learning curve about a year ago & now I wouldn't willingly use anything else. You'll find that CCS has one or two "random features", but you'll quickly discover how to work round them + there are plenty of people in the forum & on the newsgroup to give you a hand :-)

Good luck !

Kitch

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login