CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Where can I find CCS project and tutorial request

Print topic Send  topic

simmerin
Posted: 10/12/2003, 10:01 AM

Is the project file for the CCS support system available for download? If so, where can it be obtained. If not, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also, the portal example included with CCS doesn't have the security feature where someone submitting an article, link etc. would have that submission subject to approval. Is there a tutorial on how to add this type of approval feature, where someone logged in as an admin (for example) would see the "click to approve" checkbox?

Thanks, John
edgar
Posted: 10/12/2003, 11:22 AM

I don't know hwy they posted this programs and they don;t even work or provide information to fix them, I submitted a question and not even the developer has returned my email
feha
Posted: 10/12/2003, 12:21 PM

Try here:
http://support.codecharge.com/support_new.asp

regards
feha
[www.vision.to]
DaveRexel
Posted: 10/12/2003, 1:53 PM

::
-quote-------------------------------------------
Also, the portal example included with CCS doesn't have the security feature where someone submitting an article, link etc. would have that submission subject to approval. Is there a tutorial on how to add this type of approval feature, where someone logged in as an admin (for example) would see the "click to approve" checkbox?
--end-quote---------------------------------------

This is possible in 3 easy steps assuming your article db-table lacks an "approved" column :

1- add a new numerical column called "approved" having a default value of 0

2- open CCS page/s that uses article table and add checkbox component where required (set the default value to 0 here as well)

3-Set the event code for the approved check box to only show it to admins
(Note : the easiest way is to make a simple grid/record component in CCS IDE containing only the approved checkbox and then setting the CCS Properties panel Restricted dialog to only show it to admins.
I use this often to place a conditional "edit" link on pages)

With CCS it takes very little time and effort to add this feature to a web application. Obviously since the portal is an example and the required feature set would be different for each portal developer there is often much work to be done if one only uses the supplied examples and other prebuilt applications.

CCS is capable of much more and it's only when you build your CCS applications from scratch that the true power of this amazing program is revealed.

Greetings
Dave
simmerin
Posted: 10/13/2003, 2:28 PM

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I'll try your approach on inserting the "approved" checkbox. Your suggestion makes sense. Thanks

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login