CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

CCS/PHP class structure: suggested reading???

Print topic Send  topic

VBAjedi
Posted: 10/16/2003, 2:57 PM

Can anyone point me in the direction of good material describing the CCS approach to generating PHP classes? I bought and read "PHP and MySQL Web Development" (by Luke Wellington) as a general PHP introduction, and read what I could find in the CCS documentation (precious little).

But I'm still lost when it comes to understanding CCS' PHP classes and how they are used to insert dynamic html into the static templates. . .

I need some good introductory/overview/"how it works" material!

Thanks for any pointers you can offer!

VBAjedi
RonB
Posted: 10/17/2003, 12:10 AM

I use a book called "PHP 4 bible" by Tim Converse and Joyce Park (ISBN 90 395 1610 3)It's a great book written with a good sense of humor making it interesting reading. It has a chapter on OO PHP. It's not extensive but I think you'll get some insight in what can be done (and what can't) with object oriented php. PHP is not an object oriented programming language by design so you'll find a lot of features missing that are present in other OOP languages.

Ron
VBAjedi
Posted: 10/23/2003, 10:34 AM

Thanks, Ron!

But I need something specifically describing how CCS structures/uses their PHP classes. With all the toggling between files and scrolling through code, I'm having a hard time figuring out what calls what and when. When I want to modify something I can't always find where the actual value is stored, or what other processes use that value.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login