CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Listbox in searchform

Print topic Send  topic

Tor
Posted: 10/17/2003, 11:36 PM

How do I get "all" walue in listboxes in searchforms?
A normal textbox is empty in a searchform by default, and all records are listed. How do I set the listboxes to behave the same way?

Regards Tor
Bill Noble
Posted: 10/18/2003, 9:19 AM

Hi Tor

When you configure a list-box on a search form, It’s default is to select ALL records, until you make your selection from the list.
The default text is “Select Value”.

You can see it working in the CodeCharge section at www.web-presentations.com

Best Regards
Bill
Ashiff
Posted: 10/19/2003, 5:47 AM

Hi,

right clikc your textbox and convert it into a listbox. Now you get additional properties for your listbox.

set the connection to the database you are using, use table you want to use and select the text/list column and bound column to the field you want to display.

Now I am attaching the HTML part generated

<select name="{s_exid_Name}" class="CaravanSelect" multiple>
<option value="" selected>Select All</option>
{s_exid_Options}
</select>

Here the default "SELECT VALUE" has been renamed to SELECT ALL and it carries no option value and will return all records once if this option is selected. The above code is for multi-select listbox.

However you need to add a code in the grid's before built select to enable multi select searching, search gotocode for multiselect and look for my previous entries to get the code.

If your question was to find out how to populate the list box with values then the first part has the answer and if you wanted to know how to return all values then the second part has answers.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login