CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Desktop applications?

Print topic Send  topic

Miron
Posted: 10/22/2003, 11:44 AM

Is it possible to convert websites made in .NET to desktop applications?

Thanks
rclayh
Posted: 10/22/2003, 1:45 PM

Nope. Windows forms are a different class and a different animal. It is possible however to embed a web page control in a window form and call up your website pages in a windows form. There is also a dearth of code generators for Windows forms .NET apps. If there were something as cool as CodeCharge for Windows forms, I'd have about 6 products on the net right now. Unfortunately there's nothing that comes close that's in the same price range.
Ken Hardwick
Posted: 10/23/2003, 1:11 AM

"ActiveSite compiler"

I tested this product out several years ago. Pretty cool.
Created an EXE file from my ASP pages. Put exe on network drive (not web server)
and any user could open and run application.

Check out out :
http://www.intorel.com/

Here is some info copied from their website.
Compile any web content into a standalone application. The ActiveSite compiler is a unique program that assembles and compiles content of a website into standalone Windows program. This compiled program implements its own, internal, web server, which greatly simplifies installation and running of the application. The ActiveSite compiler can compile any kind of website or web application, written in virtually any language - from ASP to PHP.

Miron
Posted: 10/26/2003, 7:27 AM

I've tried it. Must admit - cool.

Thanks

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login