CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Search - HELP!!!

Print topic Send  topic

Mark Weller
Posted: 10/22/2003, 8:14 PM

Hey everyone,
I have a huge issue in my hands now. I have built a search using CCS. When I do a search for a string, usually containing two or more words, instead of replacing the space with a +, it replaces the space with %A0..any ideas why this is hapening? The search has multiple fields and since it does not match anything, my search never returns anything, unless I replace manually the %A0 with a + sign.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark
ryan
Posted: 10/22/2003, 8:25 PM

...you manually parametrized the parameter first you need to add (+) ur search parameters in the CCS table.

Then later you can manipulate these parameters into the SQL pane

SELECT UserID, LastName, FirstName, UserName, Email_Addr, Local_No, Fax_No, Distinction, Authentication, SecurityGroup, DateGen, Local_Addr, DepartmentID, BusinessUnit
FROM OR_SystemUsers
WHERE LastName LIKE '%{s_LastName}%' AND FirstName LIKE '%{s_FirstName}%' AND UserName LIKE '%{s_UserName}%' AND ( DATALENGTH(LastName)>2 ) AND ( Distinction='P' )
ORDER BY LastName
ryan
Posted: 10/22/2003, 8:30 PM

Ryan,
I know that, and that problem is not that the search is not passing the parameters, the problem is that when I search for a string that contains space between the words, it replaces the space with %A0 intead of with the + sign...the parameters are passed right...
Thanks

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login