CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

CCS keeps closing

Print topic Send  topic

Sean
Posted: 10/23/2003, 11:18 AM

HELP! Every time I try to do anything in the "Design" tab, CCS closes with no errors. I am able to modify the look through the "HTML" or "Code" tabs, just not "Design".

I was using 2.1.1.20 and thought upgrading to 2.2.2.40 would help, but it did not.

Can someone give me some suggestions?

Thanks.
bdenison
Posted: 10/23/2003, 11:49 AM

I have had this happen some time ago when doing certain functions. I went ahead and reinstalled CCS and it hasn't happened since.
Sean
Posted: 10/23/2003, 11:59 AM

Thanks for the reply. I was going to reinstall it, but I have a question about that. Do I completely remove/reinstall? If so, what about the license? I have a single server license and I don't want a problem with installing it again.
ryan
Posted: 10/23/2003, 8:32 PM

In my previous CCS experience, this always happens only to find out that I've defied one of the CCS template variables

<!-- begin my_control -->
<!-- end my_control -->

The thing is b4 porting all my custom HTML pages to CCS I use comments like these :

<!-- begin leftnavigation -->
<!-- end leftnavigation -->

<!-- begin footer -->
<!-- end footer -->

<!-- begin applet -->
<!-- end applet -->

Now CCS also uses the same thing for grid, noerror, norecord the point is CCS uses this format therefore I changed my custom comment 'remarks' to

<!-- -->
<!-- -->

And I do not get the automatic 'closing' error anymore. The trick was to avoid words between the HTML comments.

Regarding reinstall of CCS I think it will work as long as your're on the same machine but try this trick first before reinstallation. Reinstallation should be your LAST move. And always ask for CCS support in case you're about to make a move or think that you're serial key is about to be locked or be unusable :(

®yan :)

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login