CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

PHP Template Extensions (.html)

Print topic Send  topic

gdgray
Posted: 10/24/2003, 6:16 AM

Due to PHP templates having an .html extension, my host's Apache server is calling the index.html before the index.php. Not the desired outcome. Does anyone know of a simple way to change the default PHP template extension used by CCS without having to make custom changes to each page? Example: instead of index.html, the template name could be index.inc.

Vincent
Posted: 10/24/2003, 6:23 AM

If you are hosted on a Unix server, you could use the .htaccess file to make index.php the first one to come up. Just put the following line in .htaccess: 'DirectoryIndex index.php'.

Hope it helps,
Vincent
gdgray
Posted: 10/24/2003, 8:26 AM

Thanks for the reply, Vincent.

I do have access to the file system to modify .htaccess files but I was hoping for a solution that did not require that since not all hosts allow such access.

Regards,
Greg
MSM
Posted: 10/24/2003, 2:27 PM

Rename index.html to somehing else, then modify the code in index.php that fetches index.html to fetch your new filename instead.
gdgray
Posted: 10/27/2003, 6:55 AM

I'm trying avoid changes to generated code so I don't have to make the changes again after regenerated. Or is there a way to avoid the regeneration?

Greg
Svein Eriksen
Posted: 11/02/2003, 5:31 PM

Hi!

I have the following code in my index.html - there is no CodeCharge file with the "index" name, but this code redirects to whatever page you desire.

<html>
<head>
<script>
self.location="Login.php"
</script>
</head>
<body>
<a href="Login.php">click here</a>
</html>

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login