CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

online support of cc sucks

Print topic Send  topic

Mr. Dissapointed
Posted: 10/24/2003, 10:37 PM

How can we buy such product if we find a hard time searching solutions in using codecharge....
ryan
Posted: 10/25/2003, 12:53 AM

I understand ur sentiments Mr. Dissapointed the first time I used CC I was annoying with their support, of the 20 questions I asked I got 1 reply and 19 are not the 'responses' I want. This has been the case when I am still using CC on my previous company, how can I befriend my learning curve of a totally annoying product and that was my thinking I said that will never change.

And then I reached the point of no return when developing my project using CC it was hard for me to do it all in CC I had to abandon it because the more time I spend in CC the more time I wasted on email support evaluating code suggestions and browsing the forums.

However they made a shift when initializing CCS I said what another promise? But the bickering and hatred won't help me in earning more so I have to be patient and scrupulous at the same time I had to understand their side and my side as well as the others. I've grown to studying CCS inside out I literally printed the chm (help file) and place the hardcopies on my office cubicle. I even copied the CCS style and literally printed the generated HTML, ASP file the hell I know what it means...and with that 'tedious' process I've grown to like CCS and think like CCS too. As of now I also wanted to reply and suggest help more using CCS and a little of CC as well. We live in a world were everyone's busy and have no time to read this and do this and try that and post nonsense. but there is always time for joke of course just try to be patient first it's a hard thing but once you get the hang of it the rest will follow. Just like what we do when we use Microsoft or non-Microsoft products it's practically the same thing :)
Mehmet Ozdemir
Posted: 10/26/2003, 1:53 PM

Official support is at http://support.codecharge.com

I've been using this product now for around 2 years and can say the support provided by Yes! is brilliant. Questions to support are always answered overnight. Maybe they don't answer questions for eval copies but the support for registered users is great.
Eros
Posted: 10/27/2003, 8:01 AM

My experience with OnLine support is that I've always been replied by Yes software. Most of the time with excellent replies.

What I've learned during my experience in IT world is that the more detailed are you requests the more detailed are your replies. Be technical, be precise, give the sense you have done your own tests before you've posted your requests.

Hamilton
Posted: 10/28/2003, 4:39 AM

As a registered user, I've found CCS support to be excellent... agreeing also with the comment made by another member that one needs to put a lot of information into a support request. If you do a 'one line' question - you may not get a response.

This is not entirely CCS's fault nor is it necessarily a fault of the person submitting a request. But, it is a problem. I'm sure that if the CCS support form was modified to include a number of additional fields & picklists, such as;
(Picklist) Language Used:
(Picklist) Database Used:
(Picklist) Operating System Used:
(Picklist) Browser Type/Version Used:
And so on....

That it would help channel the user into providing more of the specific information required by CCS to address the issue.

Keep in mind that when asking CCS support for support, that - CCS has to be able to 'Reproduce' your error... in order to provide a 'Resolution' to the issue. Key phrase... '..be able to 'Reproduce' your error'.

In reply to Mr. Disappointments comment, (and I hasten to add that no offense is intended), one must not confuse the frustrations one experiences when learning to code [I am uncertain of your experience with the language you are attempting to code in] - with the frustrations one initially my have with the CCS product or as one would have with any other product - such as Microsoft Visual Studio. One needs to have a reasonable perspective and separate the frustrations between Learning to code and Learning a one's way around a development package. But as a word of encouragement, persistence pay's off.
Pierre Perget
Posted: 10/28/2003, 5:07 AM

I started with Codecharge 2.0, now using CodeCharge Studio 2.2.x and want to tell that I always got quickly an answer from Yes Software.
And I just want to make this experience to the community.

To finish, I think that those products are realy helpfull, are giving a very good frame for development.

I can believe that you got a bad experience, but just beacause you were unlucky. My impression is that the team (Alex and other guys) are doing there best to satisfy their customers, enven they do not have the MicroSoft Corporation size.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login