CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Different inserts

Print topic Send  topic

romeop
Posted: 10/27/2003, 9:34 AM

Hi all, I have the following problem. I want to have a listbox filled with some values and more buttons on the bottom. Each button executes a different stored procedure and uses the selected value in the listbox as an input parameter. How do I do this? Having 2 submit(one insert and one delete) buttons always hides one of them and I can not figure out how to avoid this. I tried doing this with 2 forms on the same page but the second submit button keeps hiding and I get some strange ODBC error (SELECT count(*)...) although I do not ask for a count.

Did anyone else encounter the problem and has a solution?

Regards romeo
ryan
Posted: 10/27/2003, 3:35 PM

I think it would work if you create 2 different, separate record forms

form 1--------------------
<listbox1>
<listbox2>
--------Add

form 2--------------------
<listbox1>
<listbox2>
--------Add

For the other buttons Cancel, Delete, submit you can comment them out <!-- --> but be careful not to defy CCS template blocks the <!--begin button... end button-->

For these scenario you can prevent adding on the BEFORE INSERT, execute your stored procedure there then write Response.End to halt the 'real' insert of the record form :)

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login