CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

APPROACH? Simultaneous update of record subset

Print topic Send  topic

VBAjedi
Posted: 10/27/2003, 1:21 PM

I'm looking for suggestions on how to approach the following in CCS using PHP/mySQL:

After user requests a recordset with the standard CCS search form, allow user to specify a subset of those records (via checkboxes on each record line, or???), then update database for those records with a specific user-specified change. A scenario to illustrate: user does a search that returns 20 records, then is able to specify "change the price on these twelve items to $19.99". Going into all 12 records (in my real-life application it can be hundreds of records) individually is a huge waste of time.

I'd like to find a way that is close to the native code CCS generates, because I will be implementing this in a number of different places throughout the site I am building.

Thanks for your thoughts!

VBAjedi
ryan
Posted: 10/27/2003, 3:25 PM

Try generating the editable grid the update/delete is not one by one, therefore not tedious :)
VBAjedi
Posted: 10/29/2003, 11:36 AM

Ryan,

Um. . . standy by. . . yep - definite signs of moisture behind my ears!

LOL

Ok, so I'm green at this. The editable grid looks like it will do most of what I need.

Thanks!

VBAjedi

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login