CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Missing Tables/Fields

Print topic Send  topic

Ed Lentz
Posted: 11/01/2003, 10:02 AM

In evaluating CCS I have a problem. It seems for no apparent reason I only get a few of the tables in my MYSql DB. The tables I do get have some of the fields missing. I notice this when I am making a grid. Also, CCS tells me that it can't make the page even if I do get a grid the way I want it.

Any suggestions?
Steve Kitchen
Posted: 11/01/2003, 3:30 PM

I had the same problem frequently until I upgraded the MySQL ODBC driver to the latest version. I still get it occasionally, but refreshing the database connection (in the left-hand pane) usually clears the problem.

Re the page creation problem, are you sure you have the necessary write permissions for where you're trying to put it ?
Regards,

Kitch
Ed Lentz
Posted: 11/01/2003, 8:08 PM

I've got the MySqlodbc ver 3.51. It is wierd. I have all permissions for where it's going.
Steve Kitchen
Posted: 11/02/2003, 1:27 AM

Very weird ... I would tend to suspect an MS problem ... FYI, I'm running XP Pro with all the latest patches and publishing to a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) system, which is where the Mysql db resides. The webroot (/var/www/html on my system) is mapped into a Samba folder for publishing.

Hope this gives you some pointers ...

Regards,

Kitch
Steve Kitchen
Posted: 11/02/2003, 1:34 AM

Just one extra thought - you are using the latest version of CCS (2.2.2.40) aren't you ?

Regards,

Kitch
Ed Lentz
Posted: 11/03/2003, 8:11 PM

Registered CCS and the new install restored all.

Thanks for the help

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login