CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Hide Textbox In A Form

Print topic Send  topic

Lil Al
Posted: 11/03/2003, 10:16 AM

Version: Code Charge Studio 2.2.2.40
Language: ASP/VBStudio
Database: MS SQL 2000

Question #1:
I created a registration form that requires a user to enter their social security number along with other details about themselves. However, I would like the ability to disable and/or hide the social security textbox when they update their form. This will prevent anyone from viewing an individual social security number if they select a name from the grid form by mistake.

Question #2:
I have placed the ability to send email from within the same registration form that displays which course an applicant is interested in taking. The email works, but only if they re-select their name from the grid form to take them to an update page. Is there away to have the page redirect itself to another page in CCS and have the information displayed that was entered in the form. Therefore, allowing the applicant at this point to press the email link and routing the information to the designated recipient?
ryan
Posted: 11/03/2003, 4:16 PM

Question #1:
I created a registration form ... update
----------------------------------------
update depends on the parametrized ID i.e.,

--------when
http://localhost/urpage.asp?ID=24

[Update, Delete, Cancel button will show]

--------when
http://localhost/urpage.asp?

[Add, Cancel button will show]

I do not know your exact parametrized ID therefore it's up to you to make changes

On before Show even of the SSS control

I assume your ID is integer not text, and work with this please my boolean
condition may be illogical :)

If your parametrized ID is text use ISEMPTY or <> "", your choice which is easier :)

dim makevisible
IF NOT ISNumeric (CCGetParam("ID","")) THEN
makevisible = true
ELSE
makevisible = false
END IF
yourformname.socialsecuritynumber.visible = makevisible

For Question 2,

routing the ID to that person is another parametrized 'way' (you can see that person's detail based on the ID)

If you need to route to another page then change the HREF source on the LINK PARAMETER. On that new CCP (page) you can simulate another parameter (WHERE) so that you can achieve your specification

This is blurred post even for me, maybe you'll visualize the picture of your project soon :)

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login