CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Login to write here

Print topic Send  topic

Alfonso
Posted: 11/04/2003, 1:31 AM

How can I know the name or the e-mail of the people who write into the forum? I want that nobody was anonymous.

Thanks
anonymous :-)
Posted: 11/04/2003, 2:14 AM

You cannot. Why do you want that?
Sjg
Posted: 11/14/2003, 11:59 AM

Simple..... For the ASP model.

Make your page have Security/Restricted.

Simply mark the page as being a restricted page, this will force login Use the Email for the userid. This is done in the Propertis of the page. Yuo will need to have your security set up. Project, Settings, Security Tab.

The email is stored in a session variable. If you didn't change the project settings, the session variable will be Session("UserLogin"). If you want to have it saved as a different session variable, go to Project, Setting, Secuity Tab, Advanced. These are the session variable names where the login information is stored and can be changed.

This can be seen if yuo look at the CCLoginUser function that is in common.asp. To see the common files, click the Common Files in the Project Explorer.

At this point, create a hidden field that defaults to Session("UserLogin") that will be saved on the table. Very simple, very easy, no event code to write.

I am pretty sure the other models (PHP, .Net, etc..) have a way to access these fields after login is done. They are needed to be able to determine if a user is logged so the security for restricted pages/forms can be accomplished.

Sjg :-)

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login