CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Expiration date (time)

Print topic Send  topic

Kenstor
Posted: 11/07/2003, 2:11 AM

I have record page article and I want to set expiration time for each article to 30 days.
After 30 days article should be automatecly deleted.
Can anybody help?
Hamilton
Posted: 11/07/2003, 4:24 AM

What language are you writing in?
Tom
Posted: 11/09/2003, 10:50 AM

You can do this at the database level with a scheduled job (in sql server or oracle) or you can add code into you page that on load deletes all rows > 30 days but that will cause a performance hit since it is run everytime
or you can change your page to only display articles < 30 days old and manage the database with another form
Kenstor
Posted: 11/10/2003, 1:20 AM

My language is PHP, mysql base and CSS 2.2.4.
Nicole
Posted: 11/12/2003, 5:03 AM

In CCS you can create the blank page or external script where execute custom query which deletes the expired records (test query against MySQL before).
The trick is to run this page/script. It's more system scripting than web scripting. You should run this script with some job scheduler , e.g. cron on linux or task scheduler in Windows.
The other possible way is to run this script every time when someone accesses the particular page of your site.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login