CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Labels, Buttons, Etc

Print topic Send  topic

Peter K
Posted: 11/10/2003, 12:44 PM

Ok, my frustration with this product has hit an all time high. I have been trying to add either a label, button, or link to a record form next to a textbox field. When I click preview, everything looks good. When I publish the page, none of the new objects show up.

What am I doing wrong? All I want to do is add them but they keep disappearing when the webpage is displayed. I even checked the HTML code that was FTP'ed to the server and it looks good. What is CCS doing?

Using PHP, MySQL created by CCS.
unsigned
Posted: 11/10/2003, 1:32 PM

take a look at the source. you will find an answer.
look for $object->show();
Peter K
Posted: 11/10/2003, 1:42 PM

You mean to tell me that I just spent 3 friggin hours adding, deleting, adding, deleting over and over again, and CCS didn't bother to insert a Show() command? What is up with that?

You know this product has some very significant features but then again, it seems to lack the basics that it needs to function properly. I think the developers need to spend time QA'ing their code on the next release.

This was a complete waste of my time.
unsigned
Posted: 11/10/2003, 2:12 PM

well there is no perfect software. CCS is kinda buggy (read about my prob here: http://gotocode.com/disc_viewt.asp?mid=24526& ), but i like the software and i'll talk with my boss to buy it for me.
Peter K
Posted: 11/10/2003, 5:05 PM

I agree with you 100% that CCS is the best there is. But the type of changes you and I are making are pretty basic. My suggestion is that they get a group of users (at least 100 or so) to beta test their next release before the GA release. This a good type of quality assurance for a product as great as this one!
lneisius
Posted: 11/11/2003, 3:54 AM

I don't know about the buttons but for the labels they will not show unless they have a value to show. Start by adding a default value for the label to see if it will show. Check the datasource for the label to see if its getting the value from the database.
Peter K
Posted: 11/11/2003, 5:07 AM

I read some documents I found on the CC site. I am now having a problem with the link displaying after I select a record from the grid. The links disappear. Is it because I need to set both the value property and the page property?
Nicole
Posted: 11/12/2003, 5:16 AM

Peter,
What do you mean by
< links disappear
if you just do not see the link please make sure that its color doesn’t match the background color so it becomes just invisible

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login