CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

convert PHP source to CCS Project

Print topic Send  topic

Zdenko
Posted: 11/10/2003, 10:46 PM

HI!

I am new to this community.
Recently I installed demo version off CCS 2.2.
Is it possible to convert PHP4 code and regarding mysql database to CCS project ?
I have a working PHP4 app that I want to add new features with CC studio.

Thank's for answer.

Zdenko
RonB
Posted: 11/11/2003, 1:49 PM

Depends... if your existing app has no user defined function names that clash with existing CCS functions then you could just include the existing php code. A problem with that could be that CCS has strict!!! seperation of php and html. If your existing app mixes the two in the same page you might not be able to edit the html that is generated by the existing app. CCS expects a seperate html page with the same name as the .php page.

Also CCS is completely focussed arround object oriented php (as far as php can be object oriented) It could be hard to still see what's going on if the existing app is not OO. So just give it a try. Use the include function in the form toollbox or handcode an include and see what happens.

Ron

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login