CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Show filtered results initially

Print topic Send  topic

Todd
Posted: 11/12/2003, 10:27 AM

CCS2 and ASP
I have a grid that displays information from a table. One of the fields is a "resolved" or "not resolved field". I want to only show the "not resolved" entries initially but I want the user, by way of a search field, to be able to search "all" or "not resolved" or "resolved" fields if necessary. The only way I've figured out how to set this initially is by setting my navigation URL for that page to include the parameter resolvedfield=no (not exact syntax, just giving you concept)and by setting the "default setting" to "no". Is there an easier way? Any help would be great..thanks in advance!
ryan
Posted: 11/19/2003, 3:42 AM

Use a listbox control on the search say s_listbox

with values "all, resolved, unresolved"

Now these are the EXACT database records to be matched on your grid.

Wouldn't that be easier? Now parametrize the grid then

Todd
Posted: 11/19/2003, 8:36 AM

Ryan,

What you mention is exactly what I have setup. But, here's the problem...the user has to go choose "Unresolved" from the listbox and then click on "Search" to see only the "unresolved" records. That's fine, but what I would like to do is have it default to the "unresolved" view when the page is initially loaded. Then if the user wants to see "all" or "resolved" they could change it in the listbox. Does that make sense?
ryan
Posted: 11/19/2003, 3:03 PM

Using CCS, I would click that listbox parameter in search form and check the radio button "Use default value if parameter is Empty" then I will enter the value "unresolved". (assuming "unresolved" is the ACTUAL database records)

Therefore on the initial load all unresolved records on the grid will be filtered. I hope that makes sense. Have fun :)
Todd
Posted: 11/20/2003, 9:09 AM

Ryan,

I already have it setup that way and it does set the default value to "Unresolved" but the grid does not automatically sort that way...you have to actually click the "Search" button and then it sorts by that. So the listbox will show that as the default value, but the grid doesn't automatically sort by that until you click "Search". Am I missing a setting somewhere?

--Todd

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login