CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

500 Server Error - Unloading application?

Print topic Send  topic

Shnokey
Posted: 11/23/2003, 4:40 AM

I built a site based on CSS bookstore - I received an error this morning when accessing the site homepage (it has been running for a few weeks):

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error

Thinking it was the hosting company’s problem - I sent the error to them, and I received the following support response:

"I have fixed the error you were receiving by unloading your application. To improve the performance of your site and keep the error from occurring again you can:
1. Close recordsets
2. Set objects = nothing"

If this is an issue with my site - how do I close the recordsets or set the objects to nothing so I don't have this error every few weeks, or when (or if) we have many more visitors to the site?

Any newbie level advice would be most appreciated. I would like to code this in CSS so if I need to re-upload the site - I will not lose the fix...

Cheers
Shnokey
Posted: 12/02/2003, 12:33 PM

Any thoughts on this?
Shnokey
Posted: 12/13/2003, 3:00 AM

*bump*

I need assistance on this - anyone?
Nicole
Posted: 12/16/2003, 6:06 AM

Hello,
Connections which are opened by CCS are closed before unloading the page, so it is not the reason.
But if you have custom code that requires to open new connections please make sure that you closed all of them. Here is sample code for opening and closing the connection
Dim new_conn
Set new_conn = New clsDB<connection_name>
new_conn.Open

new_conn.Close
Set new_conn = Nothing

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login