CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

sql server 2000 uk dates - newbie

Print topic Send  topic

ericl
Posted: 11/27/2003, 8:02 AM

When updating a maintenance table I receive an error -
The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. (Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)

The field type in sql server is datetime.
It will accept dates as if in us format ie 01/01/2003 but generate an error if a date such as 21/01/2003 is entered as if it is picking up a us date format.

Project settings are dd/mm/yyyy. Date format fields are linked to database, format in field properties is dd/mm/yyyy, dbformat properties are dd/mm/yyyy

Regional settings on both server and workstation are UK.

Any help greatly appreciated
Edd
Posted: 11/27/2003, 9:58 PM

As an antipodean (who lost the Rugby) I don't know whether to help you or not, but the rule of thumb I always use is save ALL dates as YYYY-DD-MM, this is a format field called DBFormat at the bottom of your date field in CCS.

Hope this helps (and hope you choke on drinking champagne from the cup).

Regards,
Edd
ryan
Posted: 11/28/2003, 4:46 PM

Hi Ericl :

That was preferred venturing through SQL (English-British) format US dates are
mm/dd/yyyy right and Brit dates are dd/mm/yyyy

In SQL Server 2000 whatever date January 2, 2002, 01/04/2002, 04/01/2002 are all accepted as long as they are valid dates.

Try using Session.LCID, I had that problem before. On common.asp set it to
Session.LCID = 2057

That means your site application will handle British format dates as the database conforms to English British. Session.LCID = 1032 I think is US please verify on aspin.com the values because I could not memorize all the values.

But try setting this step please Session.LCID = 2057 do not venture anymore on CAST, CONVERT or DATEADD, they are useful in most cases but in this date issue practically futile.

Have fun!!!

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login