CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Help! What's wrong with this code?

Print topic Send  topic

Sean
Posted: 12/05/2003, 6:55 AM

I have a form that is updating a record, but I also want it to update a second table at the same time. I put this code in the After Insert Execute, and it worked only one time. After the first time, it wouldn't do anything...no errors, and no update.

Can someone tell me if something is wrong?

It is for CCS 2.2, ASP & Access 2000.

DBConnection1.Execute ("update Thread set threadLastModified = " & CCGetParam("msgDate", Empty) & "where threadID = " & CCGetParam("threadID", Empty))
Chip W
Posted: 12/05/2003, 6:29 PM

This may not be the most elegant solution, or the right one but I'm pretty sure it will work. In the Access DB create an UPDATE query, not a select query, that has the fields from both tables. Then generate the CCS form to interact with the query instead of the seperate tables. I read that web pages working with a Access query in the DB are more efficient than SQL queries within the web page. The article and test results bear-out that the benefits are small but none-the-less are benefits, especially if makes it easier to design the site.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login