CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Access Database Locking up

Print topic Send  topic

JasonS
Posted: 12/17/2003, 4:04 PM

I usually develop woth Dreamweaver MX (now MX 2004) and Visual Studio .Net but i needed somthing that was rapid for low budget projects and i thought that this was just the solution.

Well everything went fine untill I was 20 minutes into one of the template projects.

When i went to publish it the Access database was locked. I have everything setup correctly for my DNS and I don't even have the page open in Code Charge anymore. But the dababase is still locked. This should only happen when I have the database open and am looking at the actual data.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem so that i can continue developing and publish it at the same time. I havn't ever seen such a thing with other products.

Please help.

lneisius
Posted: 12/18/2003, 6:11 AM

I also use an Access Database and only had problems with the locks when something crashes or if editing the database. Delete the lock file and give it another chance. CCS only has the dbase locked when editing pages with a connection to the dbase just like other apps do when inserting data to a dbase.
JasonS
Posted: 12/18/2003, 7:20 AM

I tried it several times before I posted the question. What I am noticing is when I am editing any page in CC it locks the database. I tried deleting the locked file several times but I can't because it says that the file is in use.

I am not adding anything to the database at all. In fact all I do is click on a page that is connected to the database in CC and it locks it.

Very strange.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login