CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

DBUtility.GroupID

Print topic Send  topic

Don Johnson
Posted: 12/29/2003, 1:17 PM

Does anybody know how to hide selective grid rows implementing group security. Is is possible by using DBUtility.GroupID

I was tried to use this but it seems doesnt work at all

DBUtility.UserID type Session working very well for particular user. but i want to acheive results depending on user group.

any help apreciate..
Clay Hamilton
Posted: 12/30/2003, 7:03 AM

I would recommend just creating separate grids for each group and using the CCS built-in security. You could have cascading redirects to point to the next lower security level page until they find their level. I know this seems like more work, but it may go much faster and be ultimately a lot less frustrating.

You could build the highest security grid first, do a save page as, and just trim it changing the security settings. If you only have a few groups, I think you find this a lot easier than trying to code within the grid.

If a blank cell is okay, you can also just suppress the output with code in the before show event for the cells you don't want to show.
techwarrior
Posted: 12/08/2004, 5:49 PM

I have done this but in a different way. I have created a dynamic stored procedure and I am passing the users information to the proc and returning only the records they are allowed to see.

You can pass the group security id or even better the username and get more specific.

<LabelName>.Text = "Hello" + Page.User.Identity.Name

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login