CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

select records in grid with checkbox in php

Print topic Send  topic

gina

Posted: 01/06/2004, 7:58 AM

What I am trying to do seems simple but I haven't been able to figure it out.

I have a grid form that displays records based on a selected category. Each record contains a checkbox. What I need is for the user to select records from the grid (by checking the checkbox). When they check all the records they choose, they would hit a submit button, which would then take them to another grid form which only displays the records they checked.

I use php4 and templates. I have more experience in CC, but have installed CSS and am using it to see if I could find the answer to this. Anybody know how to do this, or could you point me in the right direction?

Thank You!
View profile  Send private message
Nicole

Posted: 01/13/2004, 6:29 AM

Gina,
Add special field to the table, something like “toShow” ob bit type.
I believe that you can create a kind of Editable grid form where add toShow field which can be updated by user. After the form is submitted toShow field get 1 value for the selected records. So on the another form you can return the records where toShow=1 only.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login