CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

Listbox (select) onChange not firing

Print topic Send  topic

cfell

Posted: 01/09/2004, 9:25 PM

Has anyone used onChange events in conjunction with CCS ListBoxes (selects) in editable grids? I am having a bit of an issue getting onChange to fire when a new value is selected in the listbox. CCS Help shows a "check_and_bind( )" function being called from inside "bind_events( )" function that does not appear in my generated code. The generated code iterates thru a two-dimensional array, initialising "onChange" to the newly generated function created for handling custom code.

CCS 2.2.2.40 - java servlet (Model 2)

Any suggestions / assistance is greatly apprciated.
View profile  Send private message
miko

Posted: 01/09/2004, 11:50 PM

I modified ExamplePack -> EditableAutoRows page and new row will be added if textbox or listbox will be chenged. This solution is not universal but provide the needed functionality and is very simple.

<select name="{manager_id_Name}" onchange="ShowNewEmptyRow(document.forms['departments'].elements['{department_name_Name}']);">

Best regards,
Michael.
ignat

Posted: 01/10/2004, 3:07 AM

"check_and_bind()" function is called only for Record forms. I bet there are other JScript errors on the page that prevent normal script execution.

Attached is the sample working HTML of EditableGrid with OnChange event saved from browser.

200401100307550.EGridSample.zip
ignat

Posted: 01/10/2004, 4:27 AM

Oops, attachments doesn't work.
cfell

Posted: 01/10/2004, 10:46 AM

Thanks Mike. I modified the html and added onChange to my selects and it works (Doh!). I'm curious why adding custom code to the client-side on change event does not side-effect an onChange into the select. Hmmm.

Thank you Ignat for your insight, very helpful. I should know better than to implicitly trust what I read, to be aware of the subtleties.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login