CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Report Formatting

Print topic Send  topic

Peter K
Posted: 01/11/2004, 1:39 PM

:-)
After some experimentation, I successfully created a report using the grid builder. It took a while but I was able to successfully do it.

Basically I ran the Grid Builder to generate the fields I wanted on the report. I selected a source and selected the columns I wanted to display. Select No Sorting and No Page Navigation. I used 10000 records per page (or however many you might want to display). That's all I did for the grid generation.

Now the hard part. I deleted the heading rows and just started moving the text fields and database fields around the grid as I wanted them displayed. I added additional rows to the grid as the report got longer.

When I ran it, I noticed that the data in the first row was not repeating. The Grid Builder identifies the first row as like a master row and would not display it again. After looking at the HTML code, I move the <!-- BEGIN Row --> marker above the first row in the grid. When I published the report, the first row was now displaying throught the entire report.

I figured I would post this in case someone else spent several hours trying to figure out how to create a report in CCS. I am using php and mysql.
Nicole

Posted: 01/13/2004, 6:00 AM

Peter,
It seems to me that you broke the HTML somehow. Try to check that all the table based controls are inside the
<!-- BEGIN Row -->
and
<!-- END Row -->
comments.

Also you can find the report-like grid example at
http://support.codecharge.com/kb_article.asp?article_id=57

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login