CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

ODBC Microsoft Access Driver - Error evaluating CHECK constraint. (ASP)

Print topic Send  topic

TTRACER
Posted: 01/11/2004, 4:25 PM

I have perviously had two different databases, one designed from CC 2.0 and the other on CC Studio. The database (both using on different version of the access db). Both have been working fine, until a few months ago it failed. The host provider could not understand the problem, but think it has something to do with the codes. I eventually found out that our host provider also updated the patches, in which it has let me to suspect that the Windows Service Patch (SP4) is causing some compatibility issues.

I also did some testing myself, I tested using my internal IIS (Windows 2000) it functioned perfectly for both databases, until we updated the security patches and the error below appears and would not let me write to the database anyore. I came almost certain is the new Service/Secuity Patches (SP4), causing the issue now. I'm now running the same codes/ database off XP Pro, using a IIS personal edition and it works 100%.

"[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Error evaluating CHECK constraint. (Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers)"

Can someone help me with this, as it is not getting very frustrating to update the database manually, on my host provider.
peterr

Posted: 01/11/2004, 10:33 PM

This seems to be an unusual problem, however it is likely related to the database itself , either the relationships that you defined, or the data, or both.
Try making a test copy of the database, then delete all relationships and data, then try to add a new record via your Web application to test it.
View profile  Send private message
TTRACER
Posted: 01/12/2004, 5:10 AM

Thanks for your help, but I have tried taht and it didnpt seem to work. The db are both very siple, just tables and no relative lkinks of such. So it can't be any simplier then that.

I know that, the issue is coming from the service packs, as we managed to traced that after installation of SP4 on Windows 2000, the issue occured. That's why the same set of data and codes was copied back into the XP system, and it works 100%. It was also working 100% with our host provider, until they upgraded to SP4 as well. So I am almost certain, there is an a compatibility somewhere, this issue occurs with both CC 2.0 and CCS 2.0 as well. As I have two different db/codes, and have them hosted off both providers and locally.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login