CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

asp with datalinks only works on localhost??

Print topic Send  topic

mark
Posted: 01/12/2004, 5:49 PM

I can seem to figuare out why my asp pages that link to an access database will only run on localhost. When I try and access the pages from another computer connecting to the webserver, I can access all other asp and html pages fine but not ones that connected to a database. I am new to this so I am not sure if is something to do with IIS or my ODBC connection to an access database. An ideas??? I am using CCS and my webserver is winxppro. Any help would be appreciated. I'm stumped!!!
peterr

Posted: 01/12/2004, 7:06 PM

Please explain what you mean by not being able to access those pages. What are the symptoms/errors that you're getting.
View profile  Send private message
Mark
Posted: 01/13/2004, 5:19 AM

Well I have narrowed it down to pages that are restricted. I can access pages that pull data from the access database but it appears to be pages that require the user to login. The errors that I recieve when trying to access a restricted page on other machines besides localhost is the "Page cannot be displayed" . Again it works fine on localhost but not on the machines that try to connect to localhost.????
Mark
Posted: 01/13/2004, 12:44 PM

Well I am not quite sure what happened but I deleted the entire project from the webserver and then published it again after first removing the login page and recreating it as well as the diabling security and then enabling it to point to the new login page and everything seems to be working. Great!!!!!! Things are funny that way......:-)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login