CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Report Formatting

Print topic Send  topic

Peter K
Posted: 01/11/2004, 1:29 PM

After some experimentation, I successfully created a report using the grid builder. It took a while but I was able to successfully do it.

Basically I ran the Grid Builder to generate the fields I wanted on the report. I selected a source and selected the columns I wanted to display. Select No Sorting and No Page Navigation. I used 10000 records per page (or however many you might want to display). That's all I did for the grid generation.

Now the hard part. I deleted the heading rows and just started moving the text fields and database fields around the grid as I wanted them displayed. I added additional rows to the grid as the report got longer.

When I ran it, I noticed that the data in the first row was not repeating. The Grid Builder identifies the first row as like a master row and would not display it again. After looking at the HTML code, I move the <!-- BEGIN Row --> marker above the first row in the grid. When I published the report, the first row was now displaying throught the entire report.

I figured I would post this in case someone else spent several hours trying to figure out how to create a report in CCS. I am using php and mysql.
Kate
Posted: 01/11/2004, 6:20 PM

Great post but see....

www.polarreports.com

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login