CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Pass where sql to other ASP page through button

Print topic Send  topic

jlo
Posted: 01/14/2004, 7:26 AM

Hi,
hope someone can help. I have a html button on the page that calls another ASP page i.e.

<input name="DoExport" type="button" value="Export results to Excel" class="EasyStreetButton" onclick="location.href='Query_Tool_Export.asp'">

I want to reference the sql where clause built by users in the BuildTableWhere sub and pass this on the end of the link ie. location.href='Query_Tool_Export.asp?s_bdh_cur_id_c=&s_bdh_c_ac_id_c='

guess I need to create a function and put it in asp page but new to this, any help really appreciated. Thanks in advance

Regards
JLo
Edd
Posted: 01/14/2004, 7:15 PM

There are multiple solutions.

1. Javascript - Get the onclick event to call a javascript function that populates the paramters.

2. CHange the button to a label - format HTML. Then create the HTML syntax for the button in the beforeshow event.

Mybutton.value = "<input name=""DoExport"" type=""button"" value=""Export results to Excel"" class=""EasyStreetButton"" onclick=""location.href='Query_Tool_Export.asp?s_bdh_cur_id_c=" & XXX & "&s_bdh_c_ac_id_c=" & YYY & "'"">"

Hope this helps

Edd
www.syntech.com.au

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login