CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Program to Help Create Custom Actions & Other Extensions to CCS

Print topic Send  topic

Rick

Posted: 01/20/2004, 7:43 AM

This is a follow up to Wish title, Document Extensibility Capabilites of CCS.

When Sixto had a couple of minor errors in one of his custom actions, (see rexdesign.com, his only mistake was he uploaded his earlier version with the errors) it helped me understand a little how custom actions worked. I reviewed his custom action XML file and corrected the PHP code generation so the custom action worked in PHP (it worked without correction in ASP). I did this knowing very little about XML and being fairly new to PHP.

One thing I think I learned is that much of the custom XML could be generated by a program with data input by the custom action creator. The program could then spit out most, if not all, of the custom action.

I thought maybe I could create such a program but it would be better if Yes Software would create this program.

This would make it easier to create custom actions, taking a lot of the bull work out of it. This of course would help make more custom capabilites available saving the CCS programmer a lot of time and effort.

This would also help Yes Software in the marketplace.

Rick
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login