CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Checkboxes and dropdown list problems

Print topic Send  topic

gproulx

Posted: 01/20/2004, 11:30 AM

Hi,

I have 2 problems that maybe someone had experienced...

First, i'm working with codecharge studio 2.2 with access 2002 database and with asp code.

1) I have a database composed of files extensions ex.: 1=ai, 2=exe, 3=pdf, etc. I display these data in checkboxes that user can check and uncheck and when they click on the "add" button, i want the checked values to be store in another database (I have a memo field to contain these data, and i would like them to be stored like "ai, exe, pdf, mov"). Someone know how to do that? Also, i have a lot of files extensions and all the checkboxes with these values appear on one line. His there a way to put a carriage return after each 5 checkboxes?

2) I have a similar problem but with a listbox. I have a lot of values that can be selected and when i click the "add" button, i want the selected values to be store in another database.

Thanks in advance! I hope this is clear ;-)
Geny
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 01/20/2004, 3:33 PM

Whether adding records to another table or database, you should probably review the CCS Example Pack, which has examples of updating other tables. For example the "Updating Many-to-Many via CheckBox List" example utilizes custom code in the AfterInsert and AfterUpdate events to insert selected records in another table. This looks similar to what you're trying to do. Alternatively the "Updating Many-to-Many via Multi-select ListBox" example shows how to do the same with a ListBox.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login