CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Access: Sub-Forms and Tabs

Print topic Send  topic

gavinjd

Posted: 01/25/2004, 7:09 AM

I have a few acces applications that I want to redowith CCS.

In access I'm used to using sub-forms and Tabs in my form layouts. Are there equivants to these in CCS?

THanks
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 01/25/2004, 1:33 PM

There are no exact equivalents to MS Access sub-forms in HTML (not CCS), as for example HTML standard doesn't allow to include one form into another.
However, a Web page can contain many HTML forms and from this point of view this is similar. You can compare Web page to MS Access Form and Web Form to MS Access sub-form.
CCS goes little further and let's you Include page into other pages. For example you can create a page with one or several forms, then include it into another Web page (even dynamically).

Regarding tabs, if you look at most Websites on the Internet you should notice that they use "menus", although sometimes menus look like tabs.
Tabs are menu links like the ones at the top of this Forum. For example you can replace the above menu with graphical icons:
/Forums\ /Search\ /Members\
and these would be your tabs.
CCS creates simple menus (links that point to different pages) and if you want a better look you can replace the menu links with tabs.

View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login