CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> CodeChargeStudio.Discussion

 Add Record Confirmation Page

Print topic Send  topic

Author Message
Mike R.
Posted: 11/09/2003, 6:44 AM

PHP/MySQL

How can I redirect to a confirmation page after a new data record has been
inserted into a file?

Thanks.

-Mike R.

DonB
Posted: 11/09/2003, 7:38 AM

Two choices:

1. With the button property. Each button has its own "return page"
property. Change the button with the "Insert" action defined so that it has
a different return page.

2. With the AfterInsert event. Each platform-variant (ASP, PHP, etc.) has a
variable defined in the section marked as "Initialize Page Variables". The
name (for reasons I do not understand) varies between each, but for ASP is
it is simply "redirect". In the event routine, assign this variable the
name of the page you want it to go to and this will result in a different
page loading from what you get with Update, Delete or Cancel.

I like to do it the second way, because it's easy to forget the button
property is there when you make updates to the app later on. Also, it opens
up the possibility of changing the redirect at runtime, such as selecting a
different page for different users, security groups or other reasons.

--
DonB

http://www.gotodon.com/ccbth


"Mike R." <mike@datadoit.com> wrote in message
news:boljrj$uu$1@news.codecharge.com...
> PHP/MySQL
>
> How can I redirect to a confirmation page after a new data record has been
> inserted into a file?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Mike R.
>
>

Mike R.
Posted: 11/09/2003, 2:17 PM

Beautiful. I chose option 1 just for simplicity's sake at the moment as I
continue to evolve. Now how would I display on my confirmation page a value
from the form or record that was submitted? Such as "Thank You {Name}!"

Thanks.

-Mike R.

"DonB" <~ccbth~@gotodon.com> wrote in message
news:boln0p$6np$1@news.codecharge.com...
> Two choices:
>
> 1. With the button property. Each button has its own "return page"
> property. Change the button with the "Insert" action defined so that it
has
> a different return page.
>
> 2. With the AfterInsert event. Each platform-variant (ASP, PHP, etc.) has
a
> variable defined in the section marked as "Initialize Page Variables".
The
> name (for reasons I do not understand) varies between each, but for ASP is
> it is simply "redirect". In the event routine, assign this variable the
> name of the page you want it to go to and this will result in a different
> page loading from what you get with Update, Delete or Cancel.
>
> I like to do it the second way, because it's easy to forget the button
> property is there when you make updates to the app later on. Also, it
opens
> up the possibility of changing the redirect at runtime, such as selecting
a
> different page for different users, security groups or other reasons.
>
> --
> DonB
>
> http://www.gotodon.com/ccbth
>
>
> "Mike R." <mike@datadoit.com> wrote in message
>news:boljrj$uu$1@news.codecharge.com...
> > PHP/MySQL
> >
> > How can I redirect to a confirmation page after a new data record has
been
> > inserted into a file?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > -Mike R.
> >
> >
>
>

DonB
Posted: 11/09/2003, 3:45 PM

You just need to have a variable with the desired value accessible and
assign it to a label, in that label's BeforeShow event. This might be from
a session variable, URL, control, form - any of the legal CCS sources of
data. In the case you give, this could be as simple as using the session
variable "UserID" (I assume you did not change the default security variable
names). It might be slightly more complex and require a CCDlookUp()
function call to retreive some value from the database.

--
DonB

http://www.gotodon.com/ccbth


"Mike R." <mike@datadoit.com> wrote in message
news:bomeeb$j7n$1@news.codecharge.com...
> Beautiful. I chose option 1 just for simplicity's sake at the moment as I
> continue to evolve. Now how would I display on my confirmation page a
value
> from the form or record that was submitted? Such as "Thank You {Name}!"
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Mike R.
>
> "DonB" <~ccbth~@gotodon.com> wrote in message
>news:boln0p$6np$1@news.codecharge.com...
> > Two choices:
> >
> > 1. With the button property. Each button has its own "return page"
> > property. Change the button with the "Insert" action defined so that it
> has
> > a different return page.
> >
> > 2. With the AfterInsert event. Each platform-variant (ASP, PHP, etc.)
has
> a
> > variable defined in the section marked as "Initialize Page Variables".
> The
> > name (for reasons I do not understand) varies between each, but for ASP
is
> > it is simply "redirect". In the event routine, assign this variable the
> > name of the page you want it to go to and this will result in a
different
> > page loading from what you get with Update, Delete or Cancel.
> >
> > I like to do it the second way, because it's easy to forget the button
> > property is there when you make updates to the app later on. Also, it
> opens
> > up the possibility of changing the redirect at runtime, such as
selecting
> a
> > different page for different users, security groups or other reasons.
> >
> > --
> > DonB
> >
> > http://www.gotodon.com/ccbth
> >
> >
> > "Mike R." <mike@datadoit.com> wrote in message
> >news:boljrj$uu$1@news.codecharge.com...
> > > PHP/MySQL
> > >
> > > How can I redirect to a confirmation page after a new data record has
> been
> > > inserted into a file?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > -Mike R.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


   


These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login


Powered by UltraApps Forum created with CodeCharge Studio
Copyright 2003-2004 by UltraApps.com  and YesSoftware, Inc.