CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Multi table search for final dataset...

Print topic Send  topic

Robert Massey
Posted: 01/30/2004, 8:22 AM

I am still a newb at CCS so forgive me... I have a question I could actually do this coding by hand. I want to see if CCS can do it better and faster than I.

Problem:
I need the ability to search for an MPI number in a main table called MPI_AUDIT. I will search against the NEW_MPI column. Based on the results I need to take the search value and also take another column called OLD_MPI. If there are many OLD_MPI numbers I need to take each value and the search value and search another table called NOVA. Once I match all the MPI numbers in NOVA I then take anther column called account number and take these then search the final table called CLINSTAR and pull all the record matches there. Once that is done I will need to hold each previous dataset and report them out for the final view to the user for comparison. Hope this makes since. I have figured out the first part to search the MPI table. But how do you get CCS to hold the final values for the next searches to get a final output. I looked through all the tutorials for help with this and was unable to find anything that did this. TIA

-Robert
Robert Massey
Posted: 01/30/2004, 9:26 AM

Thinking in terms of SQL I suppose I could create a single grid with a single query for what I am trying to do. It would be a complicated query. Which may need to flow over to a SQL section...

I tried to do this but I am really unable to edit the SQL statement in the query builder is there a way to do this?
rmassey

Posted: 01/30/2004, 12:25 PM

I am figuring this out. I couldn't edit the SQL code and found away to do that. Under the data source elpse allows you to do it. It was hidden for me. I believe I can take it from here. CCS ROCKS!!!!
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login