CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

CCS and Dotnetnuke

Print topic Send  topic

Benoit
Posted: 02/03/2004, 12:58 PM

I'm about to integrate CCS and dotnetnuke ( www.dotnetnuke.com ) in a new project.
I've considered various solutions, and my conclusion is that CCS is best for the products database related pages, and dotnetnuke best for the 'portal' look and feel of the site.
The weekest point of CCS beeing the menu management.
Any comments.experience will be welcome
Benoit
vaporwareinc

Posted: 06/18/2004, 2:44 PM

Hi Benoit,

I am also looking at this, and wonder if you have made any progress you would like to share before I start looking at it?

Is is possible/easy to create DNN modules with CCS?
This would of course give you the skinability and portal management features while preserving the RAD of CCS...

Anyone else tried this??

Quote Benoit:
I'm about to integrate CCS and dotnetnuke ( www.dotnetnuke.com ) in a new project.
I've considered various solutions, and my conclusion is that CCS is best for the products database related pages, and dotnetnuke best for the 'portal' look and feel of the site.
The weekest point of CCS beeing the menu management.
Any comments.experience will be welcome
Benoit

Posted: 06/29/2004, 12:10 PM

I couldn't find any elegant solution to integrate CCS with Dotnetnuke. I still keep both, and I display CCS pages into DNN sites in an iframe module.

The more independant both project remain, the less trouble, so I reversed to .asp pages for CCS, rather than .net.

I use the same database, but with independant tables - I even give the CCS authentication table another name than 'users', so it does not interfere with DNN's users table.

As you see, it is a very conservative 'integration'

Benoit

techwarrior
Posted: 12/08/2004, 5:20 PM

Menus in CCS are fairly easy if you use Javascript with li and ul tags. Use a grid object for the list. Then it be read from the database and dynamically controlled.

Make the page a control and don't use frames. The list will not overlay a frameset. However there are 3rd party components that will allow for this functionality....if your willing to pay for it.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login