CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Common.asp and another APP

Print topic Send  topic

WoW
Posted: 02/09/2004, 12:49 AM

i have another aplication that use his own Common.asp file
i need to have a page that display those ASP and CCS ASP in the same page.

i have both in different folder

my first try was Iframe, but look like i cant share session varibale using Iframe bettween those!

if i load from the other APP folder how could i include my CCS
on the same page?

if i try include <!--#include file="..\..\pgm.asp" --> the program look like run no erro but dont display the page, maybe cuase dont find the template that CCS generate and/or the Common file.

could you help how to do this?
Scriptpath?
renaming Common.asp and put then in same folder?

thank for anyhelp i could receive about this.

to clarify
myCSS.ASP + allother common file and his HTML in folder XX1
Other.ASP + all other common file in FOlder XX2 (pure ASP)

example
when i load Other.ASP i want to display/call myCSS.ASP at the TOP (located in other folder)

but they are both in different fodler. ho i told to CCS to look all there file on the folder XX2.

i really dont want to merge XX1 and XX2 and then rename one of the common.asp, but if there is no other solution i will have to doit

peterr

Posted: 02/09/2004, 1:08 AM

Hi,

Assuming that the other program creates some HTML then here is what I would do:
1. If both programs are in the same folder then rename the other Common.asp to Common2.asp (or other file name) and change the other program to use Common2.asp instead of Common.asp.
But if both programs are in separate folders then you may be OK with using two Common.asp's.

2. Modify/convert the other program so that instead of outputting HTML it would create a variable that contains such HTML. You would probably need to turn that program into a Sub or Function that returns such HTML string.

3. Create a Label anywhere on the page created with CCS, then add BeforeShow event that will replace the label with the HTML content created in #2.

4. Include the other program in CCS the way you already tried.

The key is basically to have the other program return some HTML to your main program and then replace a CCS label with that output.

View profile  Send private message
WoW
Posted: 02/09/2004, 6:10 AM

The other program is a Forum Program (big) :-<

so that why i was trying to to find a way to use CCS program as an include but whne i try to include the CCS programs i dont get an erro but nothing showup
peterr

Posted: 02/09/2004, 2:28 PM

Yes, nothing should show up unless you modify the other program to output HTML via a function, variable or OO method, then use it to replace a Label value.

One option for you though may be to manually modify the other system to utilize the same menus/headers as your CodeCharge Studio application, so they both look the same.

View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login