CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Dependent Grids

Print topic Send  topic

pkrawetz

Posted: 02/09/2004, 12:08 PM

Does anyone know how to setup dependent grids? Here is what I mean. I am using grids to create reports. The top level grid contains detail from 2 tables joined together. The second grid contains a list of items from another table joined via a primary key column. When I display the page, the top level grid appears for each detail record but the second grid appears after all the top level grids and contains all the records from the other table. Here is an example of what I want:

Top Grid:
Incident No: FDID: Station:
Type of Call:

Second Grid:
Attendee 1
Attendee 2
Attendee 3

The above would repeat for each top grid row found in the 2 joined tables. I hope I explained this clearly enough.
View profile  Send private message
David Harrison
Posted: 02/09/2004, 12:59 PM

If I'm understanding you correctly you wanting nested grids. ie a Grid in a
grid. I don't think CCS supports this capability. Maybe someone else knows
better.

David Harrison

"pkrawetz" <pkrawetz@forum.codecharge> wrote in message
news:24027e8b500bd2@news.codecharge.com...
> Does anyone know how to setup dependent grids? Here is what I mean. I am
using grids to create reports. The top level grid contains detail from 2
tables joined together. The second grid contains a list of items from
another table joined via a primary key column. When I display the page, the
top level grid appears for each detail record but the second grid appears
after all the top level grids and contains all the records from the other
table. Here is an example of what I want:
>
> Top Grid:
> Incident No: FDID: Station:
> Location: Name:
> Type of Call:
>
> Second Grid:
> Attendee 1
> Attendee 2
> Attendee 3
>
> The above would repeat for each top grid row found in the 2 joined tables.
I hope I explained this clearly enough.
> ---------------------------------------
> Sent from YesSoftware forum
> http://forums.codecharge.com/
>

peterr

Posted: 02/09/2004, 1:47 PM

Re:
Quote :
I am using grids to create reports.
CodeCharge Studio is not reporting tool, but we have couple examples of how to use Grids to create simple reports at:
http://docs.codecharge.com/studio/html/ProgrammingTechn...oupHeaders.html

pkrawetz

Posted: 02/09/2004, 2:06 PM

I truly understand that CCS is not a reporting tool. I have created some nice reports using CCS though.

I've played with reportman but am unimpressed especially when it sends un-encrypted passwords in the url.

Grid within a grid is a very good example. The simple reporting technique does not work.

Hopefully someone has played with this type of report before.

Thanks for the info!
lneisius

Posted: 02/10/2004, 4:15 AM

I think dependent grid is the wrong way to state what you want. It can be done with a search form and a grid.
pkrawetz

Posted: 02/10/2004, 6:20 AM

No on the search form. It's a report.

Would a custom template block work here? It would take custom code to do it but I'm wondering if this is the way to go. Does someone have an example?
Nicole

Posted: 02/10/2004, 7:19 AM

Hello,
You cannot use nested grid forms, but you can use custom template block to display records from Top Grid. You can check this article:
http://support.codecharge.com/kb_article.asp?article_id=57
it should help you

pkrawetz

Posted: 02/12/2004, 3:47 PM

Well, using the custom template block worked perfectly. While there is additional coding, I was able to get the report to work correctly.

Thanks to everyone who through out suggestions.

Maybe in the future CCS will have a reporting feature or support dependent grids.
wardkent

Posted: 06/09/2004, 2:30 PM

Is there a way to use the example given at
http://docs.codecharge.com/studio/html/ProgrammingTechn...oupHeaders.html

to include more than one item. I am trying to setup a work order page. I have a record at the top of the page giving the customer information, using a serial number from the URL as the "where" Below that I want to list the detials of the different work orders on that same serial number. But part of the work order is all the parts of the work order. I need to have the capability of multiple work orders and under each work order are multipul lines. This is where a grid in a grid would be nice.

Following the example given I have set up the following, but my page will not load when published. I get errors stating
Warning:Unable to find the end of block Label,Ln: 107, Col: 12.

<!-- BEGIN Grid WorkOrders -->  
<table width="600" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">  
    <tr>  
    <td>  
<!-- BEGIN Row -->  
<!-- BEGIN Label WO_detail -->  
    <table border="1" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%">  
      <tr>  
    <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica"><b>  
    Invoice</b></font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica"><b>Date </b></font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica"><b>Repair   
    Party</b></font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica"><b>Serial   
    Num </b></font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica"><b>Operating   
    Hours </b></font></td>   
      </tr>  
      <tr>  
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">  
    {InvoiceNum}</font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4" ><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">  
    {Date1} </font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">{RepairParty} </font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">{Serial_Num} </font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">{OperatingHours} </font></td>   
      </tr>  
      <tr>  
    <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica"><b>Labor   
    Hrs </b></font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica"><b>Labor   
    Cost </b></font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica"><b>Warranty   
    Portion </b></font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica"><b>Warranty   
    Repair </b></font></td>   
        <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap> </td>  
      </tr>  
      <tr>  
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">{LaborHrs} </font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">{LaborCost} </font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">{WarrantyPortion} </font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">{WarrantyRepair} </font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"> </td>  
      </tr>  
    </table>  
<!-- End Label WO_detail -->  
    </td>   
  </tr>  
  <tr>  
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4">  
    <table border="1" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%">  
      <tr>  
    <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica"><b>Part  
      Type </b></font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica"><b>  
    Part Number</b></font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica"><b>Part  
      Description</b></font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" nowrap><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica"><b>Long  
      Description </b></font></td>   
      Price </b></font></td>   
      </tr>  
      <tr>  
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">{PartType} </font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">{PartNum} </font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">{PartDesc} </font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">{LongDescription} </font></td>   
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">{PartPrice} </font></td>   
      </tr>  
      <tr>  
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4" colspan="4"> </td>   
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"> </td>   
      </tr>  
    </table>  
    </td>   
  </tr>  
 <!-- END Row -->  
  <!-- BEGIN NoRecords -->  
  <tr>  
    <td bgcolor="#F4F4F4"><font size="2" face="Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,Helvetica" color="#010101">No  
      records </font></td>   
  </tr>  
 <!-- END NoRecords -->  
</table>  
<!-- END Grid WorkOrders -->

The code I used to bland the label is as follows.

Dim wo_num  
Function WorkOrders_BeforeShowRow() 'WorkOrders_BeforeShowRow @156-18F04F06  

'Custom Code @182-73254650  
' -------------------------  
  If wo_num = WorkOrders.InvoiceNum.Value Then  
     WorkOrders.WO_detail.Visible = False  
  Else  
     WorkOrders.WO_detail.Visible = True  
     wo_num = WorkOrders.InvoiceNum.Value  
   End  If   
' -------------------------  
'End Custom Code  

End Function 'Close WorkOrders_BeforeShowRow @156-54C34B28  

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login