CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Using Custom Delete In Editable Grid to Perform Inserts / Deletes

Print topic Send  topic

chrisk

Posted: 02/18/2004, 9:18 PM

I have an editable grid to display subscriptions for a user and I am trying to use the delete check box to allow the user to subscribe and unsubscribe.

Alongside the checkbox I have included hidden fields to contain the primary key and other data I need to process the request and have written custom delete SQL to do the necessary processing (delete if unchecked and primary key exists, insert if checked and primary key doesn't exist).

However, I am having difficulty passing through the parameters. I have set them all to a type of Control and picked the appropriate field from the drop-down but when I do a submit I get the following error:

Variable is undefined : "Request_Form"

I am using ASP 3.0.

Any help would be gratefully received!
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 02/18/2004, 10:49 PM

Did you write any custom code for this page?
chrisk

Posted: 02/18/2004, 10:59 PM

Peter,

No, I didn't, just Custom Delete sql.

However, I tried a different approach and it worked (I was just about to post a reply to my original when I saw you had posted).

I used an Editable Grid and instead of using a Custom Delete, I used a Custom Update and put my own checkbox into the grid. The variables were passed through to the custom sql exactly as I expected and so it works fine. I was probably trying to be too clever :-).

The delete approach would have caused me problems anyway, I think, as only delete actions (i.e. checkbox checked) are passed through and I need to detect when a previously checked box is uncheck (for an unsubscribe).

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login