CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> General/Other

session varibles

Print topic Send  topic

Desiree
Posted: 02/27/2004, 8:25 PM

I have a system where someone is entering in information in several steps.. I have a contact step that the action is to go to address information page.. then to the next..I want to know how to pass the varible to the next page I am using the ID as the record Identifier..

What and where do I put information?
peterr

Posted: 02/27/2004, 8:36 PM

Please refer to "Multi-step Regsitration" example in CCS Example Pack.
It addresses exactly this type of scenario.
View profile  Send private message
Desiree
Posted: 02/29/2004, 5:09 PM

I am using code charge 2.0 for designing..

Nicole

Posted: 03/01/2004, 12:52 AM

Desiree,
I assume that you created several record forms on several pages which you’re using for storing data to one table. So you need to pass primary key between pages. On the first record form create After Insert event where retrieve new primary key and pass it to second page. Please refer to this article that explains how to do it:
http://www.gotocode.com/art.asp?art_id=80&
On the second form (then on third and the rest subsequent forms) add primary key as Input parameter for a form and mark it as Transfer to pass it to next page.

Desiree
Posted: 03/02/2004, 7:48 AM

Okay so I am trying to understand the access section.. I am more or less doing a mutlistep registration and I have looked at the ccs example but I am unfamiliar with the ccs and do not have time to work learning it unfortunately....

I can use the email as the identifying element as the unique key but does that mean that I do or don't need the ID field that is counting the records.. it does not matter to me if it auto increments does it? i can set it to just count as records come in some way right..

I have 4 steps to registration with lots of questions.. where and what do I add in to the code to pass the session varible?
Stefan Hogedal
Posted: 03/02/2004, 1:43 PM

:-P
With late versions of ADO and/or Access database the following simple code works in the "After Insert Event"!

openRS myRS, "SELECT @@Identity"
Session("mail_messageid") = myRS(0)
set myRS = Nothing

Best regards,
Stefan
Nicole

Posted: 03/03/2004, 6:48 AM

Desiree,
On the first registration step you create After Insert event and retrieve new primary key as described in mentioned article, then save this value to session variable (sample code is also available there).
On the second, third and forth steps you add Input parameter for your form with settings like:
Field: select primary key field
Variable Name: enter a name of you session variable
Type: Session
Data Type: Number
Operation: =

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login