CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Editable Grid Builder

Print topic Send  topic

vint

Posted: 03/05/2004, 2:56 PM

I use CCS2.2.3.60, Editable Grid Builder, no code of my own and one table. When I check three options - Allow Insert, Allow Uptade and Allow Delete - everything works perfect. But if I uncheck Insert or Update or both - than Detete works mysteriously. It allows me to delete records only if I start from the top (or first) record in a Grid. If I check first and second records - both gets deleted, but if I check first and third or any other - only first record gets deleted. If I dont start deleting records from the first one - nothing gets deleted and no error gets shown. I tried this on two computers. I just want to delete any record(s) I check. Anybody knows? Thank you!
View profile  Send private message
RonB

Posted: 03/12/2004, 6:10 AM

Just set all field controlls in the grid as Labels. No updating of the info can occur. The delete function would work as you described.
vint

Posted: 03/12/2004, 3:13 PM

Yes Ron I tryied that too, and it works even more weirdly - when I press the Submit button (even if I dont check any checkbox) - it deletes ALL data in my database, except for ID column (primary key). And again - it deletes recordes (now I have only ID column with data) - only if I start from the first record. May be I use wrong environment? I use MS Access, Tomcat5, JDK1.4 and JSP technology. I did not try ASP, PHP, Perl - may be Editable Grid Builder works with them ok. I have to use JSP. Nobody work with JSP?(unbelievable nobody had the same simle problem as me in this forum).
vint

Posted: 03/12/2004, 3:14 PM

The last thing I did is I added this code for the value in theckbox - value="<ccs:control name='ID'/>". So values for checkboxes where taken from the ID column. Then I added my own code which gets those values and uses them in my own sql statement. And even this simple thing CCS does not allow me to do. I have to submit form in order to get the values from checkboxes - and when I do submit (with the built in submit button or a button that I cteated) - the application does not wanna show (doesnt delete and doesnt show) me any data after that - again axcept the ID column. Anybody use JSP and can help?
peterr

Posted: 03/12/2004, 6:03 PM

vint,
We already responded to your support case on March 9th and the response was emailed to you. I will initiate another email right now.
vint

Posted: 03/12/2004, 10:26 PM

Thanks Peter for quick reply, but I did not get any e-mail from you on the March 9th or today - I received only the above message from you today on my e-mail, where you wrote "I will initiate another email right now" - I would appreciate if I will get that mail. (probably my e-mail was misspelt..). My e-mail:Lesterp221@aol.com
Would you write me if there is a solution.. Thank you.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login